Friday, December 31, 2010

At MG road !!!

Hi forum,

I have an important work to do but all that can wait...:-P.

New years eve annan MG road le spend pannan but enna vishayam na I was roaming around MG road from 10.30am to 12.30 am..Oru 12 hours advanced :-)..Nevertheless it was bustling with traffic...more specifically good looking traffic ;)..Am not talking about the foreigners..Am talking about my own "Indian cousin sisters"...'Adhu epdi dan kanimozhi (pun intended) , kayal vizhi ellam inga vandha odane ipdi maarraangalo' (mind voice)..Since I had formed a "nalla payyan" image, I quickly cleared the spot and keeping my gaze fixed straight like a horse with restrains , continued my walk to ABCD bank. ABCD is my ex-banker and to fully honor the 'ex' status, I needed to close the account. So in short, I was going to close my ABCD account...Its almost a 2km walk from Life-Style to MG road ABCD. So I was all sweaty and messy..I was expecting an audience similar to CBE branch..:-)..It was a total antithesis. Nothing or no one was out of place.I am not very good at descriptions..But all I can say is with no extra effort, everyone looked great.. So I was the black sheep and not having an option (thanks to my scruffy hair), I went to Mrs.Oklooking.(Though there were Ms.Better and Ms.Better Better looking)...Anga customer care ku ellam Mr....employ panle...Not my fault...In fact andha second I had a thought if I should really close the account. But kadavul mela baaratha potu I proceeded thinking there would be a better collection ;) at UVWX , my new banker..:-P)..She guided me to Ms Goodlooking..Bear in mind I am still shabby..Ms GL gave me a token and asked me to sit..I was enjoying the sights and scenes for a good 10 mins and the AC had restored my good looks :-P..My turn came and went to Ms Great looking. After brief introductions,

Ms Greatlooking : So Srini, have you brought your cheque book?
me : No mam.
Ms : You can call me YYY. So is there balance in your a/c?
me : Yes..er Yes YYY
Ms : Without a cheque book you cannot close the a/c. Besides how do you intend to withdraw.
me : Oh..Is there a withdrawal form that I can use YYY?
Ms : Hmmm I am afraid not. You may have to come back again.
me : 'Ippo office pona meeting mokka podum...meeting a... Ms a..'
me : I was also about to ask if you give home loans YYY.
Ms : Hmmmm..But you said you were going to close your account. We give loans only to account holders. Is there anything else before we close?
me : 'Twist vechutaale..'. Hmmm ya I gave a cheque last week but it was returned due to signature mismatch. I can verify the signature now. Can you pass the cheque??
Ms : Hmmm ll take a request for signature change and the old cheque can be deposited. I believe we are done.
me :'aaha.... endha ball potaalum goal podraale....meeting..marandhudadhe'
me : Not yet..Just one clarification. I need cash urgently and its held up in your bank. Can I withdraw without a cheque book??
Ms : Yes that's possible. It might take some time.
me : 'Take all the time you want.' ..Ok..try to make it as quickly as possible. I have a meeting to attend. 'Reverese Psychology :-P..'

She came back after 15 mins..I signed 2 cheques and went to the teller to process my withdrawal. The person in the teller was also ..... looking and sent my cheque to her senior for approval. Andha appa tucker (first male I encountered in the bank) found a signature mismatch again and asked me to sign my old signature. Looking at Ms Greatlooking's expression , I felt she had been abased by some one.

me: I had used a similar signature(the one which is a mismatch) while depositing a cheque last month. How were you able to clear it then?? I have a xerox copy of the cheque..'I showed him the copy'..So are the rules different when money comes into your bank??
Mr Appa tucker : Err... That was not me...

I think Ms heard the conversation and I could see a smile in her face.

Finally I withdrew all the money and was about to leave.

Ms was talking to her friend near the door and I left the premises not looking at her.

When I went near the gate , she came out and called my name.

Ms : I am sorry for the inconvenience. Going by the rule book always doesn work with customers and Mr appa tucker doesnt understand that..

me : No problem..

Ms : Happy New year.

me : Happy New year. Bye.

..................*************************************************..................

I dedicate this post to God.

PS..All my mind voices in '...'

5 comments:

  1. the first pun is good.. I don kno whom its intended at , but its good and true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Total!!! (Aishu style)
    Ms.Goodlooking became Ms.Greatlooking after she started talking to you huh??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. பண்ற அழும்பெல்லாம் பண்ணிட்டு "I dedicate this post to God"னு ஒரு statement வேற.
    உம்மாச்சி கண்ண குத்தும் பாரு. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ All ..Wish you a happy and prosperous New Year..

    @Siva...Andha ragasiyatha velila solradhille..:-P..

    @ASR : Ille..Mrs Oklooking -> Ms .Goodlooking -> Ms. Great looking in that order. I would have met Ms Good looking instead of Oklooking if I were not messy due to 2km walk. :-P..Ms. Ok and Good looking were both at tellers while Ms. Great was a customer service aapicer..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sundar : Anna appadiaavadhu ummachiya paatha paravaale :-)..

    ReplyDelete